Before & After: closet

On our main floor, we have two closets right across from each other.  One of the closets turned into a collection of random things, so I decided to turn it into something more useful.

Before:

 (there was a lot more stuff crammed in here, but I had already cleaned some of it out)


After:

Now it is a drop station as you come in from the garage.

The floor has storage for our work bags, the diaper bag, my purse, and breast pump.

The top has baskets for Chris and I to drop our work gear or whatever.

Boards for upcoming events and writing notes.


outgoing mail slot and key holder

I usually keep bags pre-packed for Petey and one for the beach/pool.  Those are on the top.

Then you close the door and it's hidden away. Now we just have to remember to use it!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Very cool; I want one!

Brie said...

That's AWESOME! Great use of the space, Steph! :)

Janet said...

That looks great -- and a good idea too. I bet you could even take the door off. It looks so neat -- and then I bet you would use it more!