iced coffee

If you like this then you will love this recipe!

I just wanted to share this because I am ADDICTED!  I got the recipe from Annie's Eats.  It is easy to make, the recipe makes a whole lot, and it is delicious.  I drink it every day on my way to work (mine is decaff, though, which negates the whole point of drinking coffee to begin with...oh well).  I didn't realize how much of this I was drinking until Chris informed me that he hadn't had any and I was making yet another batch.  Speaking of which, I better go make some more! 


DIY Iced CoffeeIngredients:
For the coffee base:
16 oz. ground dark roast coffee
8 quarts cold water
For a basic iced mocha:
1½ tbsp. simple syrup (flavored or plain)
1½ tbsp. chocolate syrup (to make an iced mocha)
Ice cubes (approximately 1-1½ cups)
Chilled coffee base (above)
Milk, half-and-half, or cream (I use 2% milk)
Directions:
To make the coffee base, combine the ground coffee and cold water in a very large container.  Stir well so that all of the coffee grounds are moistened.  Cover and let the mixture sit at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight.  Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth. **Use a reusable coffee filter if you don't have these things, I got one for about $3 at the grocery store.  Pour the coffee-water mixture through the sieve  into pitchers  or other storage containers to remove the grounds.  Store the coffee base in the refrigerator to keep chilled.
To make an iced mocha, pour the syrups into the bottom of a 16-ounce cup.  Fill the cup with ice.  Pour the chilled coffee base over the ice, filling the cup about three quarters full.  Stir the mixture well to blend in the syrups.  Fill the cup the rest of the way with milk and stir once more to blend.  Sip and enjoy!
From Annie’s Eats


**Stephanie's suggestion

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Can I try some the next time I come over? Then I can decide whether to make my own batch.

Stephanie said...

Sure! I'll bring some if we come by next weekend!