Nursery - art projects

Our nursery is pretty much complete minus some linens and things that are on our registry and I love it! Here are some of the projects:

I knew I wanted some Eric Carle animal art in the room to go with the "jungle" theme.  I love the colors!  Chris and I scoured the book store until he stumbled upon this book that had the right size and style of pictures I wanted.  I cut out a few and framed them to put above the changing table and on another wall in the room.  Talk about easy and cheap art!




I also knew I wanted some star lanterns to add some color and light.  They have bulbs inside to light them up.  I had Chris' dad cut a piece of wood to fit in the corner of the room so the cords would be mostly hidden.  Chris painted the wood to match the walls.  They are very colorful and provide dim light at night.



I bought 2 vinyl wall decals on Etsy.  They have about a million options, but I didn't want anything too giant, elaborate, or expensive.  I got a three-panel vine decal and stuck it to plexiglass squares of the same size (NOT easy).  I could have left them that way, but glued some tissue paper behind the glass to add some color.  I could always wash it off and just let the background be visible.




The second wall decal was of these stacked animals.  I loved this from the first time I saw it!




3 comments:

Janet said...

Very cute!!! I saw that same stacked animal vinyl piece with a growth chart attached and almost got it. But then I worried about losing it if we moved - so ended up with a wooden one that just hangs on the wall. Love the jungle theme!

Brie said...

I love every little bit of baby m's room. Baby will be sleeping in style!

Ryan said...

That looks great! I can't wait to see it in person