#14. Visit a historical museum

Check out my "25 years, 25 taskspost to see the 25 things I want to do this year!

Chris and I visited Cincinatti for the weekend.  We had a few places we wanted to check out in the city, including the Creation Museum.

In college, I took an elective course on evolution and ended up using evolution (and the intelligent design debate) as my topic for my colloquium presentation.  I felt like I had a good grasp on the the current scientific understanding of evolution, but I wanted to see another angle presented.

The Creation Museum depicts the creation of the universe and life as we know it as taken directly from the Bible. The museum is very large and detailed and it provides infomation about how Bible accounts for various phenomena in earths history.  They're also planning to build a life size replica of Noah's Ark due to open in 2014.  The grounds include a planetarium (the show was really neat), botanical gardens, and a petting zoo.  If you have the opportunity to visit this museum, I think you would probably find it interesting whether or not it fits within your belief system.

As always, I'd love to hear any input on the subject!






No comments: