bikes

Camden has been on a balance bike for 2 years. We really made it our goal to get him on a big bike this summer. A neighbor was getting rid of a bike that was right for his size but he just couldn't get it figured out. It was a weird BMX style bike so we picked up a regular looking bike for him instead in hopes that it might help.

Chris and Camden tried it while I went to work one evening and when I came back they all played a trick on me and said it was too hard and they gave up. Then Savannah whispered to me "Camden is actually really good"...she can't keep a secret.

We all went outside for Camden to show me "how bad he was" and he took off and rode 20 laps around the cul-de-sac! Chris said it took him 5-10 minutes to learn how to ride the bike. The balance bike really helped him learn!

Now Savannah has a little balance bike that she has mastered. We suspect she can be on a big bike next year possibly!

We've now been able to take some walks where both kids ride bikes and Chris and I push Jonas in the stroller.








No comments: