Summertime - June

We're two weeks into summer break and have been having a lot of fun so far. I implemented a behavior insentive system (collecting pom poms for awesome behaviours...similar to what Camden was used to in school) and M&Ms for each kid individually that can be eaten or saved up for screen time "purchase". So far, it seems to be working well and hopefully be August they'll actually remember to clean up their plates off the table after meals! I think both kids have lost some M&Ms each day for that. Too bad Jonas can't participate yet because he has a terrible habit of screaming I'd like to fix! I guess he needs to get our attentions some how. I'm looking forward to when he can talk and communicate more effectively (and so are my ear drums).

I've also noticed Camden and Savannah have been playing really well together so far, better than during the school year. I think it might be because Camden isn't worn out from all day interactions at school and is more eager to have a playmate.

Here are some June activities:

last day of first grade! Grandpa Larry was in town and lit off a smoke bomb to welcome Camden off the bus.

and last day of 3/4s preschool with a little show


It was raining during dinner and we told the kids they could go out and play in it after we ate. Of course, it stopped raining and they were sad. Chris turned on a sprinkler and it was raining again!

Although there is a big age gap between these brothers, it means Camden is old enough to read his little brother a story.

Kids eat free at Ikea on Tuesdays, so we all four ate for under $7. I think this will be our Tuesday lunch routine!

Savannah is a mommy she says! Might need a little adjusting.

easy bake oven food...tiny "pizzas"

As my final event as Activities Coordinator for my Mom's club, I organized an airport tour. It was the best turnout I've had and we got to see several of the little planes take off and land.


Playgrounds and splash pads


Curiosity Fair at Conner Prairie and going to the splash pad there



sitting in the shade


feeding the brother


No comments: