Disney planning

Over the past several months I've enjoyed planning our Disney World trip which is planned for two weeks from today! It may make many people roll their eyes (how much planning do you need? It's a theme park in Florida?!). In general, I enjoy vacation planning and Disney especially has several unique elements that require some forethought. We've had a couple meetings with all of us adults to work out the details. So far, I've made our dining reservations, FastPass selections, and assembled a general touring plan for each day for the twelve of us who will be traveling together.

To really draw out the "magic", we're watching Disney movies during the weeks leading up to the trip. We strategically picked movies with rides/attractions. We put up a poster ahead of time showing which movie will be playing. The kids get a kick out of it.


We've also made a 2 week countdown calendar.



For Christmas, I got this book for the kids which goes through each park and ride in kids terms so they know what to expect. On some "iffy" rides, we watched YouTube videos of the rides to help decide if they'd want to ride it or not.

I've also had way too much fun using my Christmas present (a portable heat press) and my Silhouette (vinyl cutting machine and design software) to make some shirts for our family (and one for each of my nieces and nephew). I maaaay have gone a little overboard during this past winter!


No comments: