Pinewood Derby

Camden is (sort of) involved in cub scouts this year. This means he was able to participate in the pinewood derby race. I did a pinewood derby car a few times growing up (when my brothers were cub scouts) but this was new for Chris. Grandpa Tom, Chris, and Camden designed and cut the car. I helped him paint and decal the exterior. We all attended the race. Camden won 2nd place in his den and had a good time watching all the cars race. We may do a fun run (or the actual competition) at the State Museum later this year, too.






When Chris and Camden went to his Dads to create the car, I mentioned I was concerned they'd spend too much time planning and not get done. They'd been gone serveral hours and I got this text:

Luckily he was joking and followed it with this photo:


No comments: