Before & After: File Cabinet

We have this big file cabinet that we use all the time...but it is ugly!  I bet you might have one of these, too. With the help of Pinterest, I decided to give it a face lift! I guess I even used the same pattern (not on purpose...I must have just liked how it looked). The total cost is around $30 (2 cans of spray paint primer, 4 cans of spray paint, 1 pack of vinyl wall decals).


If you wish to do this project, here are my notes I'd add to the project instructions:
- it did only take 2 cans of primer, but I ended up using 4 (3 plus a little of #4) cans of paint.  My primer was dark gray and my top coat was lighter, so that may have been the reason why.  You should buy extra paint so you aren't stuck with a half finished project until you get more paint.
- I just followed the instructions on the can regarding how long to wait between coats.  You may be able to finish the whole painting project within an hour or two instead of waiting all day in between the primer and top coat.
-the vinyl stripes are also available on Amazon.com and are 16' (the same ones on the Target website were 12' long).  I wanted to have some extra in case I should ever need to replace one of the sections.  They also sell matching/coordinating circles and squares if you want to use them else where in your room to decorate




Before:




After:








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that!

Brie said...

Looks great! Way to go, Steph!